2 hrs: Total 5 experiments
Beginner Level: In this level, you have to choose any 5 experiments of your choice from the below mentioned fields.
(BL-1) Food Technology: 3 experiments
- i. Determination of fruit content in juices.
- ii. Determination of caffeine content in coffee powder.
- iii. Determination of soluble solids in semi-thick and thick food products using Refract meter.
(BL-2) Microbiology: 3 experiments
- i. Microbial assessment of milk sample using MBRT.
- ii. Examination of bacterial flagellation by Ryu’s method.
- iii. Microscopic examination of yeast cell viability.
(BL-3) Molecular Biology: 3 experiments
- i. Isolation of genomic DNA from Onion/Banana
- ii. RNA isolation from various tissues of the plant species
- iii. Qualitative estimation of extracted genomic DNA
(BL-4) Green Biotechnology: 3 experiments
- i. Screening of primary & secondary metabolites present in organic tea.
- ii. To determine the buffering capacity of plant sap.
- iii. To demonstrate the presence of starch histochemically.
(BL-5) Immunology: 3 experiments
- i. A study of rapid Leishman’s stain on peripheral blood smear.
- ii. Investigation of RBC’s under varying extracellular tonicity.
- iii. Analysis of Blood Typing-ABO group & Rh Type.
3 hrs: Total 7 experiments
Foundation Level: In this level, you have to choose any 7 experiments of your choice from the below mentioned fields.
(FL-1) Food Science: 3 experiments
- i. Qualitative estimation of Class-II preservative present in food products.
- ii. Effect of non-nutritive sweeteners on non-alcoholic beverages.
- iii. Determination of total acidity for colourless liquors.
(FL-2) Bacteriology & Mycology: 3 experiments
- i. Hanging drop method for bacterial motility.
- ii. Analysis of capsular material from the bacterial cell using Capsule staining.
- iii. Serum tube identification of yeast cell.
(FL-3) Molecular Techniques: 3 experiments
- i. Extraction of genomic DNA from bacterial cell culture.
- ii. Isolation of genomic DNA from yeast cell.
- iii. Spectrophotometric quantification of extracted genomic DNA.
(FL-4) Biochemistry: 3 experiments
- i. Isoelectric precipitation of casein protein in milk sample.
- ii. Detection of lactose by mucic test
- iii. Qualitative analysis of amino acids in soy products.
(FL-5) Enzyme Technology: 3 experiments
- i. Detection of catecholase enzyme in fruits/vegetables.
- ii. Effect of temperature on activity of renin enzyme.
- iii. Identification of invertase and catalase enzyme in different food samples.
(FL-6) Cell Biology: 3 experiments
- i. Cytological assessment of barr body in Buccal smear.
- ii. Squash technique for the study of mitosis.
- iii. Study of histochemistry of lignin pigment of plant section.
(FL-7) Pharmaceutical Science: 3 experiments
- i. Presence of carboxylic group in different drugs.
- ii. Limit test of iron in drugs.
- iii. Determination of amount of acid neutralised by indigestion tablet.
4 hrs: Total 10 experiments
Advanced Level: In this level, you have to choose any 10 experiments of your choice from the below mentioned fields.
(AL-1) Food Industry: 3 experiments
- i. Identification of natural colours present in food products.
- ii. Detection and estimation of magnesium carbonate in Paan masala &Gutka.
- iii. Determination of lactose by Colorimetric method.
(AL-2) DNA Technology: 3 experiments
- i. Isolation of plasmid DNA.
- ii. Enhanced resolution of DNA separation using Agarose Gel Electrophoresis.
- iii. Thermal Amplification of DNA by PCR.
(AL-3) Medical Microbiology: 3 experiments
- i. Diagnosis of enteric fever caused by Salmonella species using Widal test.
- ii. Rapid serological slide flocculation test for Syphilis using VDRL test.
- iii. Bile solubility test to differentiate Streptococcus pneumonia from other vividions group Streptococci.
(AL-4) Human Anatomy & Physiology: 3 experiments
- i. Extraction & Examination of primary human tissues.
- ii. To determine the optimal pH & temperature to the activity of pancreatic amylase.
- iii. Identification & Analysis of bone structure in Human Skeleton model.
(AL-5) Hematology: 3 experiments
- i. Determination of Erythrocytes Sedimentation Rate.
- ii. Isolation of alpha-beta globin protein from blood plasma.
- iii. To learn the technique of Latex Agglutination Assay.
(AL-6) Algal Biotechnology: 3 experiments
- i. To determine the total polyphenol content in algal sample.
- ii. To check the presence of anti-oxidants activity in algal sample.
- iii. Determination of Vitamin A & Iron in algal sample.
(AL-7) Nanoscience: 3 experiments
- i. Preparation of silver nanoparticles by Chemical synthesis method.
- ii. Characterisation of chemically synthesised silver nanoparticles by Phase Contrast Microscope.
- iii. Application of chemically synthesised silver nanoparticles in food preservation.
(AL-8) Environmental Science: 3 experiments
- i. Determination of alkalinity of water by Titration method.
- ii. Measurement of total suspended solids in water by vacuum filtration method.
- iii. Determination of pH and electrical conductivity in soil.
(AL-9) Proteomics: 3 experiments
- i. Extraction of protein from chickpea.
- ii. Qualitative analysis of protein by Biuretic method.
- iii. Spectroscopic quantification of protein by Lowry method.
(AL-10) Genetic Engineering: 3 experiments
- i. Study of Drosophila eye pigment by Thin Layer Chromatography technique.
- ii. Study of meiosis in Lilium (Lily Anther)
- iii. Transformation of bacteria by Griffth’s experiment.
| Training Mode:
|| Individual hands-on session
| Training Learning:
||Practical learning along with theory session
| Available Days:
|| Only on Friday
| Timing Slot:
|| 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (FS) and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (SS)
| Seat Availability:
|| 10 Seats (FS) and 10 seats (SS)